City Services

For Utility Department (water, sewage, gas) questions or issues, except for emergencies, please call 205-392-5231, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.

For after hour issues, please call 205-392-5261.

(You will receive a prompt from Greene County, do not hang up as this is our dispatcher service.)

EMERGENCY GAS CALLS, please call 911.

Business Licenses, and Building/Construction Permits required and available at City Hall.

Land logging and land clearing in the city limits is strictly limited and in some instances, not allowed. It is strongly suggested to inquire at City Hall prior to activity to avoid project shutdown and/or receiving a fine.

The City of York Building/Code Inspector can assist.